Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Free at last...

Well, it's been 3 months since I left the college and I've got to say, it was the best decision I've ever made. The first couple of weeks were a bit traumatic, I hadn't realised how such a big change would affect me - foolishly I thought I'd walk out of my old job and feel wonderful straight away, and was then disappointed when I didn't! But I'm feeling great now and managing very well on the reduced budget. I love not being a manager, not having to make decisions, not having to enforce decisions made by others that I didn't agree with, not having to manage and timetable staff, not having to work evenings, not having to play politics and I've not missed libraries or education one bit.

I'm enjoying my new job. I'm not responsible for anything and it's great! Being paid to watch the Olympics was fun but I've not managed to get my hands on the silver 'we' won yet - I did get two mugs brought back for me from Bejing though!

I've especially enjoyed booking a holiday to Austria for the first week of what would have been the start of term, as well as booking a fortnight in Egypt for the middle of next January (2 weeks for what it would have cost us to go for 1 week during college holidays).

This blog is interspersed with just a few photos of very well-named vehicles we've noticed on our travels. The car is in the Haynes Motor Museum in Sparkford and the scooter was spotted in Spain a couple of years ago. Obviously motor companies know class when they see it...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 19, 2008 6:55:00 am, Blogger librarylizzie said...

yay...good to see you back blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home