Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wetherspoons' beer garden in the snow

Snow day 2

I had another snow day last Wednesday. Too much snow to get the car out, so we walked to the station through the park. When we got there Jon 'phoned his boss who said, "The roads haven't been gritted and are lethal, oh and I haven't seen any buses". Not a problem for himself, who works on the flat within walking distance of Monkton House in the Snowthe station; bit more of a problem for me who works about 4 miles from the station up hill that has a 10% gradient for several of those miles. So Jon checked the internet and, indeed, the buses had all been cancelled.

So I walked home along the cycle path. There are pictures in the 'snow' photo album on the right, all taken with my 'phone so they're not brilliant, but much better than I expected.

New peg bagI was in a crafty mood so I made a new peg bag from a couple of old pillows (Next circa 1990), so at least the day at home wasn't wasted! The matching duvet cover is being sewn onto the back of this quilted throw that I got as a free gift with something several years ago. The front is pretty enough, but it's quite thin and is backed with a really nasty cheap lining fabric, so it's getting blue and white striped cotton instead.

Unfortunately, I don't have a sewing machine, so I reckon that following each of the Quiltquilting lines by hand will probably take about 3 months! Still, it'll keep me warm on the sofa over the winter.

One week on and it's snowing here again as I type this - I don't know what the weather has against Wednesdays. I've made it into work this week, but will I make it home?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home