Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Yay, snow day!

Next door's cat, Emma, plays in the snowWe've wimped out of going into work today.

Actually, Jon is working from home and so is plugged into the main PC whilst I use the Eeepc on the sofa. The uni where my office is based is closed; it's at the top of a hill and when I talked to my colleague earlier, she said someone Garden bench in the snowshe'd spoken to at the uni told her that people weren't able to get up the hill in their cars.

It's only put about 2 inches down here so far, but we're quite sheltered and I think it's worse on more exposed local roads. It's been snowing steadily for most of the day so it may get deeper - let's hope, egh?Sedum heads in the snow

Still, it's given me a chance to take the Xmas decs down and do some tidying. The ironing is next.

I've also made a seed cake for the birds and put it out along with the remains of the tarte tatin I made for Christmas Day. The tarte seems to have gone down very well with Mr Blackbird, actually Xmas decsI appear to be responsible for creating a feathered monster who's smacked off his tits on sugar and is aggressively defending his slice of pie from all comers. He's already seen off a thrush and a jay and is back for his third piece that's the size of his head. Mrs Blackbird is round the front of the house delicately picking all the berries from our pyracantha.New chair


I promised pictures of my chilli fairy lights and here they are with my favourite tree decoration, the drag queen poodle.

Oh, and whilst I'm trying to put off doing the ironing, here are photos of the new chair and sofa.
New sofa

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:12:00 am, Blogger librarylizzie said...

nice furniture!

 
At Friday, January 08, 2010 10:01:00 am, Blogger The Ferrets said...

I'd take photos of the new boiler once it's installed, but I don't think it'll be quite so pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home